As much as I like to look at a month and project what my goals and plans are, I also like to recap and remember what a month enlightened me with (I think I am addicted to documenting things!). Here’s a mish-mash of July’s discoveries …
1. Long Alberta evenings make going to bed at a decent time nearly impossible. I don’t know the last time I went to bed before 11pm (ok, I do … but that happened in August!).
2. Vacations are really, much too short. Take me back! And going with my guys – it made it the best.
3. You can never drink too much water – especially mint water.
4. Trying to keep a schedule in summer is very hard. For example, I don’t think we have had a “regular” grocery run since June.
5. Fans (quiet ceiling fans, mind you) are the bomb. If we ever move, I will be taking the one in our bedroom with us.
6. You can never, I repeat, NEVER have too much ice cream in the summer.
7. Essie nail polish is the only brand for me … attempts to try other brands have not worked in my favor.
8. Having your child be part of a wedding is more work (and stress) than I realized … I feel like I need to re-thank all those people who helped with our wedding. Especially those with kids (thank you thank you!).
9. Tornado scares are so unnerving – a given, I know. I’ve been checking the weather now more consistently to have a better pulse on what’s going on.
10. When I need to remember something, I need to write it down. Too often lately, I have been forgetting some important information/tasks that I needed to have done. Through this, I’m also here to attest that God’s grace is real and working in my life(!).
pic pix: some new signage to remind us to “live now”, Aug.2015, at home